2018 is drawing to a close, and so we present to you the top 10 most read articles of the year:
10. Whoever Reads John 3:16 Can Know that “Whoever” Is Really There – Guest blogger Brian Abasciano defends the “whoever” of John 3:16 from recent attacks by Calvinist thinkers.
9. Excusing Sinners, Blaming God, Compatibilism, & the Consequence Argument – Tim Stratton responds to “French atheist turned Calvinist” Guillaume Bignon’s book, Excusing Sinners and Blaming God.
8. Bart Ehrman & the God of Christmas – Stratton reflects on an article by Bart Erhman arguing that the “God of Christmas” is not a God of wrath but a God of love.
7. What in the Possible Worlds is Molinism? – What would a Freethinking Ministries top 10 list be without an article on Molinism? Stratton offers a basic introduction to middle knowledge and Molinism.
6. Avengers: Infinity War & Morality – The first article on this list about Avengers: Infinity War, guest blogger Kyle Barrington discusses how the movie explores different views of morality.
5. The Life of an Apologist’s Wife – Tim’s wife Tia offers her thoughts on what it’s like to be married to a full-time apologist.
4. Avengers: Infinity War & Possible Worlds – The second article on this list about Avengers: Infinity War (can you tell that we like superheroes?), Stratton writes about the movie’s great example of middle knowledge and possible worlds.
3. The Apologetic Significance of Molinism – Stratton offers ways that Molinism intersects with apologetics issues and arguments for the existence of God.
2. The Gay Agenda & The Wrong Side of Hate – The top two articles of 2018 are cultural reflections by guest bloggers. This article is the powerful story of Brady Cone about sexuality and freedom.
1. Critical Theory & Christianity – In the top-viewed article of 2018, Neil Shenvi & Pat Sawyer address a highly influential philosophy within our culture, critical theory. This article “outline[s] the basic tenets of critical theory and… highlight[s] some of its strengths before arguing that it is fundamentally at odds with core Christian beliefs.”
These were the ten most popular articles of 2018. Thanks for your continued support throughout the year and into 2019!